Many people want to tone their lower body and achieve a thigh gap, but inner thigh fat can be a common issue. It’s important to understand that everyone’s body is unique, and inner thigh fat can accumulate due to various factors like genetics, hormones, lifestyle, and diet. Know the actual causes of inner thigh fat.
In this article, we’ll discuss what causes inner thigh fat and provide practical methods to help you sculpt your body and achieve your goals.
What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
When it comes to excess fat on your inner thighs, genetics often play a key role. This means that some people are naturally predisposed to store fat in this specific area. Additionally, if you’re dealing with overall excess body fat due to being overweight or obese, or if you’ve recently experienced weight gain, such as during pregnancy, it can also lead to fat accumulation on your inner thighs.
Inner thigh fat can be caused by several factors, including genetics, hormonal changes, knee and back problems, and a sedentary lifestyle. Hormonal imbalances due to age, pregnancy, and menopause can also contribute to inner thigh fat accumulation. Losing inner thigh fat typically involves a combination of a healthy and balanced diet, regular exercise, and lifestyle changes. Incorporating nutrient-dense foods, reducing intake of processed and high-calorie foods, and being mindful of portion sizes can help reduce inner thigh fat. Consistent physical activity, including exercises that target the thigh area, such as lunges, squats, and leg lifts, and cardiovascular workouts such as running, cycling, or dancing, can also help burn fat throughout the body. It is important to note that spot reduction is not possible, and losing inner thigh fat requires reducing overall body fat.
Reasons Why you have Excess Fat on your Inner Thighs
There are several reasons why you might have excess fat on your inner thighs:
- Genetics: Our genes play a big role in determining where our body stores fat. For women, it’s common to store fat in the hips, inner thighs, and lower belly, while men tend to accumulate fat in the abdomen. However, both genders can have inner thigh fat.
- Anatomy: Women often have more noticeable inner thigh fat because they have wider pelvises, which are designed for childbearing.
- Weight Gain: When you consume more calories than your body can burn, the extra calories are stored as fat, and this can happen in various parts of your body, including your inner thighs.
- Lack of Physical Activity: Not getting enough exercise and movement can slow down your blood circulation and reduce energy expenditure, leading to fat buildup.
- Knee and Back Problems: Lower back pain and knee osteoarthritis can result in poor posture and limited movement, causing fat to accumulate in the inner thigh area.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal imbalances due to factors like age, pregnancy, or menopause can contribute to inner thigh fat. These imbalances can slow down your metabolism and increase the number of fat cells in your thighs, making it harder to tone them.
So, if you’re concerned about inner thigh fat, it’s important to consider these factors and take steps to address them, such as maintaining a healthy diet, staying active, and addressing any hormonal issues with the guidance of a healthcare professional.
What Hormone Causes Inner Thigh Fat
Inner thigh fat accumulation is typically spurred by hormonal imbalances due to age, pregnancy, menopause, or other factors. Estrogen is the main hormone that causes fat cells to increase in females, leading to fat deposits in the inner thighs. Subcutaneous fat, which is fat under the skin, has estrogen receptors and hence it signals your body to store fat in the thighs and butt. Hormonal changes due to aging, pregnancy, menopause or certain medical conditions can also contribute to inner thigh fat.
Also Read – How to Remove Blackheads on Inner Thighs?
Why Is It Difficult to Lose Inner Thigh Fat?
Slimming down certain areas of your body can be a challenging task, and the inner thighs are no exception. While it’s not possible to spot-reduce fat from specific body parts, shedding fat from your inner thighs might be more stubborn compared to other areas. This is because exercises targeting the inner thighs tend to build muscle at a slower pace, which can make visible fat loss less noticeable compared to regions like the abdomen or arms.
To lose fat from your inner thighs effectively, you need a comprehensive approach. This means combining targeted exercises, a balanced diet, and overall lifestyle improvements. Keep in mind that losing inner thigh fat is a gradual process that requires consistency and a holistic approach.
How to Lose Inner Thigh Fat
When it comes to shedding stubborn inner thigh fat, there are various approaches you can take. Let’s break down each step:
1. Improve Your Diet
To tackle inner thigh fat, it’s important to remember that spot reduction isn’t feasible. Instead, focus on overall weight loss through dietary changes:
- Opt for a diet rich in minimally processed foods high in protein and fiber.
- Cut down on sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce consumption of sweets, high-fat foods, and fast food.
- Choose water, tea, or coffee over sugary sodas or fruit juices.
2. Try High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- HIIT involves short bursts of intense, high-impact exercise followed by brief rest periods.
- This type of exercise boosts fat burning and metabolic rates long after your workout.
- Many HIIT routines target the legs, which helps tone and shape the inner thighs.
3. Incorporate Running
Running is a great cardio option for reducing inner thigh fat:
- It builds leg muscle and enhances leg tone and shape.
- Running burns a significant number of calories and can boost your metabolism.
4. Explore Cardio and Strength Training
If high-impact exercises aren’t suitable due to medical conditions or injuries, consider these alternatives:
- Use the treadmill, elliptical machine, or rowing machine for calorie burning.
- Engage in sports like tennis, basketball, or soccer for effective cardio workouts.
Additionally, complement your cardio with strength training to enhance performance, reduce injury risk, and improve overall body tone and shape:
- Lower body exercises like squats, lunges, and side lunges are particularly beneficial for targeting the inner thighs.
By following these simple steps, you can work toward losing inner thigh fat and achieving your fitness goals.
How To Get Rid of Inner Thigh Fat
To get rid of inner thigh fat, it’s essential to combine a healthy diet and exercise. While you can’t target fat loss in one specific area, you can achieve toned inner thighs by reducing overall body fat. Here’s a user-friendly approach:
- Cardio Workouts: Engage in activities like running, walking, or using an elliptical machine. These exercises burn calories and help reduce fat all over your body, including your inner thighs.
- Strength Training: Incorporate exercises like squats, lunges, and leg lifts into your routine. These will help tone the muscles in your inner thighs.
- Consistency Matters: Stick to your exercise routine consistently to see results over time.
- Dietary Changes: Make some dietary adjustments, such as:
- Less Processed Foods: Cut down on processed foods, which tend to be high in unhealthy fats and sugars.
- More Nutrient-Dense Foods: Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins in your diet. These provide essential nutrients and help support your fitness goals.
So, achieving your desired results takes time and persistence. Combine these exercise and dietary changes for the best outcome in slimming down your inner thighs.
Get Rid of Inner Thigh Fat with Surgical Solutions
Sometimes, stubborn inner thigh fat just won’t budge, even with diet and exercise. In such cases, surgical options can come to the rescue to help you achieve the body shape you desire.
- What it is: BodyTite is a specialized liposuction procedure.
- How it works: Performed under general anesthesia, BodyTite uses radiofrequency energy to gently melt and coagulate fat, tightening and contracting the tissue. This liquified fat is then removed.
- Where it can be used: BodyTite can target various body areas, including the inner thighs.
- Types available: Several liposuction techniques, such as SmartLipo and VaserLipo, are effective in removing upper thigh fat.
- Procedure: These inpatient surgeries are conducted under general anesthesia. The surgeon makes an incision in the area where you want the fat removed.
- What it is: Thigh lift is a procedure that both removes fat and tightens the skin on the inner thighs.
- Different types: There are three types of thigh lift procedures at SpaMedica:
- Mini-Anterior Thigh Lift: Hides the incision scar in the groin crease and tightens the upper inner thigh skin.
- Medial Thigh Lift: Addresses excess skin and fat on the inside of the thigh, contouring from the groin to the knee.
- Lateral Thigh Lift: Removes excess fat and skin on the outer thigh, contouring the outer thighs and buttocks.
In summary, when stubborn inner thigh fat resists lifestyle changes, surgical options like BodyTite, liposuction, or thigh lifts can help you achieve your desired results. These procedures are performed under anesthesia and are tailored to target specific areas, giving you a more contoured appearance.
To lose inner thigh fat, a combination of diet and exercise is recommended. While it is difficult to spot reduce fat in a specific area, reducing overall body fat through a healthy diet and regular exercise can help. Cardiovascular exercises like walking, running, and cycling can help burn calories and reduce fat all over the body, including the inner thighs. Resistance training exercises like squats, lunges, and leg lifts can help tone and strengthen the muscles in the inner thighs. A low-carb diet can also aid in weight loss. Liposuction is a surgical option for those who want to remove stubborn inner thigh fat quickly, but it is important to note that it is not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle.
Medical Inner Thigh Fat Treatment
If you’re looking to address stubborn inner thigh fat without surgery, there are several non-surgical options available:
SculpSure is a non-invasive procedure that utilizes multiple laser applicators placed on the area with unwanted fat. These applicators emit laser energy, heating up the fat to a temperature that permanently eliminates fat cells.
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical treatment that freezes and permanently eliminates fat cells using freezing technology. Multiple sessions are often required for the best results.
UltraShape is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that employs targeted ultrasound technology to destroy fat cells.
These non-invasive methods offer effective ways to reduce inner thigh fat, providing you with options to achieve your desired results without the need for surgery.
What’s the Top Non-Surgical Solution for Inner Thighs?
If you’re looking to trim down your inner thighs without surgery, Coolsculpting by Allergan is a standout option. This method has gained a strong reputation for effectively eliminating thigh fat. In clinical trials approved by the FDA, an impressive 86% of patients experienced a reduction in thigh fat following their Coolsculpting treatment.
The best part? The results are not only impressive but also long-lasting, often persisting for years. Of course, it’s crucial to maintain a healthy diet and regular exercise to ensure those fabulous results endure.
What Is the Best Procedure for Inner Thigh Fat?
There are several procedures and treatments available to reduce inner thigh fat. Some of the non-surgical treatments include CoolSculpting, BodyTite, Morpheus8, and EMSculpt. These treatments use different techniques such as freezing fat cells, radiofrequency, and electromagnetic waves to destroy fat cells and tighten the skin.
However, these treatments may require multiple sessions to achieve the desired results. On the other hand, liposuction is a surgical procedure that can remove all excess fat in one session, greatly improving the contour of your thighs. Liposuction is a good fit for younger patients or those who have a significant amount of excess fat and loose skin.
It is important to note that while these treatments can help reduce inner thigh fat, a balanced diet, cardio, strength training, and other lifestyle changes can also be helpful in losing inner thigh fat.
In short, Liposuction is an effective method for removing excess fat in just one session, resulting in significantly improved thigh contours. It’s an ideal choice for younger individuals or those who have not experienced obesity or substantial weight gain.
Can Walking Help Reduce Thigh Fat? Yes, it can. Brisk walking is an effective cardiovascular exercise that can help you shed excess fat, including thigh fat. The key is to elevate your heart rate while walking.
Inner Thigh Treatment Before and After Images
What’s the Cost for Inner Thigh Fat Treatment?
The cost of treating inner thigh fat varies depending on a few factors:
- Procedure Choice: The specific treatment method you select will influence the cost.
- Treatment Area Size: The size of the inner thigh area you want to target also plays a role in determining the price.
- Multiple Procedures: If you need more than one session or procedure, it can affect the overall cost.
On average, you can expect to pay around $750 for each inner thigh. So, for both inner thighs, it totals approximately $1,500. Keep in mind that actual costs may vary depending on your location and the provider you choose.
Getting rid of inner thigh fat can be tough but it’s possible when you commit to the right methods. To slim down your inner thighs effectively, follow a comprehensive plan that includes noninvasive treatments, strength training, and a balanced, healthy diet. Actually, losing fat too quickly can lead to loose skin in various body areas, including your legs and thighs. So, it’s essential to approach this goal with patience and a holistic approach.
Achieving Your Ideal Body Shape: Genetics vs. Effort
When it comes to transforming our bodies, genetics play a significant role in determining our natural physique. Some of us may not be genetically predisposed to have a thigh gap, but that doesn’t mean we can’t work on improving our overall body shape.
So, first know the actual causes of inner thigh fat. And then by engaging in strength training to sculpt our muscles and incorporating high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and cardiovascular exercises to stay lean, we can attain strong, attractive legs in various shapes and sizes.
Hi, My name is Helena and I’m a founder of HealtHowdy.com. Over the years I’ve helped hundreds of people to live a healthy and fit life. Nowadays, Fitness is everything, if you want to Look Attractive and Get Updated, you can Join Me.