What is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
You have one question that actually what is the main cause of erectile dysfunction? Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex and it is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction causes include medications, poor blood flow to the penis, chronic illnesses, drinking too much alcohol, being too tired.
What about erectile dysfunction treatment? Without treatment, ED can make sex difficult very easily. Actually, ED problem is reported by 1 in 5 men, and that number gets really bigger with age.
In other words, occasional ED isn’t uncommon and needs to get treatment. Actually, many men experience it during times of stress. Frequent ED can be a sign of serious health problems that need treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship-related difficulties that may need to be addressed by its professional.
Symptoms of Erectile dysfunction include:
- Low self-esteem
- Distress for the man and his partner
- Erections that are too soft for sex or Trouble getting an erection.
- Erections that are don’t last long enough for sex or Trouble keeping an erection.
- An inability to get an erection or reduced sexual desire
So, if you can’t get or keep an erection during sex that lasts long enough or is rigid enough for sex, you have erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction 50s: Erectile dysfunction (ED) is actually common after age 50, but that clearly doesn’t mean it’s a natural part of aging. It can be a significant predictor of heart disease. The most common cause of erectile dysfunction in men over 50 is atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. Other potential erectile dysfunction causes include diabetes, obesity, anxiety, and sleep disorders. Lifestyle changes, such as diet, exercise, and quitting smoking, can really benefit your heart and erections.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction
That is to say, there are many possible causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED), it can include both emotional and physical conditions. ED can result from health issues, emotional issues, or both. Common causes include:
- Being over age 50
- Having high blood sugar (Diabetes)
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Having cardiovascular disease
- Having high cholesterol
- Using drugs or drinking too much alcohol
- Lacking exercise
- Low testosterone levels or other hormone imbalances
- Kidney disease
- Relationship problems
- Sleep disorders
- Using tobacco products
- Certain bad health conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Damage to the pelvic area (close to the penis) through injury or surgery
- Peyronie’s disease, which actually causes scar tissue to develop in the penis
Causes of ED
However, even though ED becomes more common and general cause as men age growing, growing old is not always going to cause ED. Some men stay sexually functional there at the age of 80. ED can be an initial or early sign of a more serious health problem. Finding and treating the reason for ED is a big, required and first step.
Physical Causes of ED
ED happens when:
- Not enough blood flows into the penis
Many health issues can reduce blood flow into the penis (men’s genital). Problems such as heart disease, high blood sugar (Diabetes), hardened arteries, and smoking.
- The penis cannot perfectly trap blood during an erection
If blood does not stay in the penis, a man really cannot keep an erection. Actually, this problem can happen at any age of the person.
- Nerve signals from the brain or spinal cord do not perfectly reach the penis
Certain diseases, injury or surgery in the pelvic area can really harm nerves to the penis.
- Diabetes could cause small vessel disease or nerve damage to the penis
- Cancer treatments near the pelvis can affect the penis’ normal functionality
Surgery and or radiation for cancers in the lower abdomen or pelvis can cause ED very easily. Treating prostate cancer, colon-rectal or bladder cancer often leaves men with ED. Actually, cancer survivors should see a Urologist for sexual health concerns.
- Drugs used to treat other health problems can really negatively impact erections
Patients should talk about drug side effects regularly with their primary care doctors.
Emotional Causes of ED
Normal sex needs a mind and body working together for the best sex experience. Relationship and Emotional problems can cause or worsen ED.
Some emotion-related issues that can cause ED are:
- Relationship conflicts
- Stress at home or work
- Stress from social, cultural or religious conflicts
- Worry about sex performance
Now we are going to solve your question that how can I improve my erectile dysfunction?
Yes, I know that you want to know what is the best treatment for erectile dysfunction? Is erectile dysfunction is curable?
Erectile dysfunction can be cured: Actually, erectile dysfunction can be easily cured, but it totally depends on the erectile dysfunction cause. Some causes of ED are really easier to “cure” than others. But, with the perfect and right diagnosis, support, and treatment, it’s easy and really possible for ED to go away without the need for ED medications like Viagra (sildenafil) or Cialis (Tadalafil).
When your erection falls flat and if you think you need treatment then you need real and honest information on what to do. Actually, you should ignore those miracle cures and random Google searches; get serious about fixing your problem like this article that you are reading now and talk to a doctor.
The very first thing your doctor will do is to perfectly make sure you are getting the right and best treatment.
So, make sure you are getting perfect treatment for any health-related conditions that could be causing or worsening your erectile dysfunction.
Here, depending on the cause, sign and severity of your erectile dysfunction and any underlying health conditions, you might have many treatment options. Your doctor can perfectly explain the risks and exact benefits of each treatment and will consider your preferences. Your partner’s preferences also might play a big and valuable role in your best treatment choices.
5 Best Ways to Treat Erectile Dysfunction
The National Institutes of Health perfectly estimates that erectile dysfunction strikes roughly 30 million men in the United States, so don’t think you are alone. Erectile dysfunction primarily affects men over the age of 20 or near the age of 20, but prevalence does increase with age. The Journal of Sexual Medicine reports that you should notice, one of out every four new ED patients is actually less than 40 years old.
If you want to get right and best treatment then you should know first that every person is different, so your physician will focus on the specific condition that could be causing your erectile dysfunction. Read more about five best treatment options for erectile dysfunction.
Also Read – How Long Does Viagra Last In Your System
1. Oral Medications
- There are lots of and many prescription medications available (Viagra, Levitra, Cialis) that may improve proper blood flow to the penis. Combined with any sexual stimulation, this can actually produce an erection. These medications all work perfectly and similarly to each other; however, there are some minor differences in effectiveness and how quickly they begin to work.
- Here, common side effects may include facial flushing, headache, stuffy nose and an upset stomach.
- So please make sure, these medications can NOT be taken anyhow if you use Nitrates for chest pain or other medical problems. This combination can cause very harmful and dangerously low blood pressure.
2. Vacuum Erectile Device (Penile Pump)
- A vacuum erectile device (VED) or penile pump is a device that consists of a hollow plastic tube. It is a hand or battery-powered vacuum pump and a tension ring. The tube, perfectly placed over the penis, creates a vacuum that perfectly pulls blood into the penis. Once an erection is achieved properly, an elastic tension ring is placed at the base of the penis to help maintain the erection. Since effective oral medication came onto the market, actually VEDs are used less to achieve erection since they can be cumbersome and less effective.
3. Intraurethral Suppository/Medicated Urethral System for Erection (MUSE)
- MUSE (Medicated Urethral System for Erection) actually uses an applicator containing a small pellet with a medication that is perfectly inserted into the urethra. Once the pellet is released perfectly, the medication dissolves inside the urethra and helps to perfectly increase blood flow to the penis to achieve an erection. Patients administer the medication themselves as needed before his intercourse.
4. Penile Self-Injection Therapy
- Injection therapy was the first FDA-approved best medication for the treatment of ED. And it is used a tiny needle to inject medication directly into the base or side of the penis(male genital). The injected medication can properly create an erection by improving blood to flow into the penis directly. Patients can perfectly administer the injection themselves as needed before intercourse.
5. Penile Implant Surgery
- In use since the 1970s, actually, a penile implant is a medical device that is perfectly implanted into the penis during an outpatient or overnight-stay surgical procedure. The device is entirely contained within our body, so it is discrete. The device exactly allows for an artificial erection to be achieved at any time the patient desires by operating a concealed pump in the scrotum.
Likewise, if you are experiencing erectile dysfunction then you should talk to your primary care physician or urologist to help find the best solution and best treatment for you.
Erectile Dysfunction can easily affect your quality of life. So, it can’t kill you as heart disease can. If you do have ED secondary to arterial disease, you may also have the initial or early stages of arterial disease of the heart – even if you have no symptoms.
The most common and very first physical causes of erectile dysfunction (ED) are related to circulation and blood pressure. Heart disease, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and high blood pressure can all really impact the amount of blood flowing to the penis. In addition, diabetes contributes to ED by damaging your nerves and blood vessels.
Yes, erectile dysfunction can be cured, but it actually depends on the cause. Some causes of ED are really easier to “cure” than others. But, with the right and perfect diagnosis, exact support, and best treatment, it’s possible for ED to go away without the need for ED medications like Viagra (sildenafil) or Cialis (Tadalafil).
Most men occasionally fail to get or keep an erection while Erectile Dysfunction. This is usually caused by tiredness, stress, anxiety, or drinking too much alcohol, and it’s nothing to worry about. If it happens more often, it may be caused by physical health or emotional problems and Erectile Dysfunction.
ED doesn’t directly cause male infertility, they may have the same root causes and are often seen in conjunction with each other. Actually, male infertility results from low sperm production, abnormalities in the sperm, or blockages in the sperm delivery system.
Watermelon may be a natural Viagra and healthy fruit, says a researcher. That’s because the popular summer best fruit is richer than experts believed in an amino acid called citrulline, which really relaxes and dilates blood vessels much like Viagra and other drugs meant to perfectly treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
Hi, My name is Harry and I’m a founder of HealtHowdy.com. Over the years I’ve helped hundreds of people to live a healthy and fit life. Nowadays, Fitness is everything, if you want to Look Attractive and Get Updated, you can Join Us.