In most instances, a baking soda and water paste really will work great. So, apply it properly to the stain, let it sit for 15 minutes. Then gently scrub with small, circular motions. If baking soda doesn’t do the trick, try lemon juice or vinegar to remove turmeric stains from carpet. Here, are more effective tips for you on how to remove turmeric stains from carpet.
If you’re really searching for how to remove turmeric stains from carpet easily then I guess you might have been really busy cooking tasty and delicious Indian dish which led to it spilling and leaving a yellow spot on your nice and favorite carpet, yikes!
Best way to remove turmeric stains from carpet – Actually, turmeric is a yellow Indian spice used in foods like curry that can easily stain your carpet. You can easily use multiple effective methods to clean up a turmeric carpet stain. Some of these methods include household products, like flour, lemon juice, vinegar, baking soda, dish soap, and some water.
How to Remove Turmeric Stains from Carpet
Turmeric is in powder form and it is a colorful, yellow, orange spice most commonly used in Indian dishes, Southeast Asian, and Middle Eastern cuisine. Turmeric is also used in teas and smoothies because one of the best ingredients in turmeric, curcumin, is a natural antioxidant that is really helpful in our health. So, many people actually believe that turmeric has health benefits, but studies are still determining the full benefits using turmeric has on your health.
When you really spill turmeric on your carpet area, you should try to treat it properly as soon as you can before the stain dries. Once the stain dries, it will be really much harder to remove from carpet. Here you can find some effective and surefire ways to remove turmeric stains from carpet and it will easily remove stubborn stains like turmeric out of your carpet.
How to remove turmeric from carpet
Actually, there are many methods to remove turmeric marks from carpet. How can i remove turmeric stain from carpet.
This article takes you through the possible actual procedures of removing turmeric stains from your carpet.
How to Remove Yellow Turmeric Stains from Carpet
When it actually comes to turmeric stains, time is a major factor to be considered. As soon as you spot turmeric on your carpet, get a spoon and properly scoop as much as you can from the carpet. Once done perfectly, follow the effective and detailed steps from any of the methods below.
1. Baking Soda Mixture
How to remove dry turmeric stains from carpet – Baking soda is really a popular and one of the famous cleaning tools. It can really help draw the stain out of any surface, like your carpet. It will perfectly pull the turmeric stain out and trap it in the paste made from the mixture, and most completely remove the color as it dries. This method can be used for liquid or dry stains, like turmeric in food, like curry. To use this method:
- If it’s really a curry stain, or something similar hard stain, try to pick up as much of the stain as possible using a dry white cloth. Blot the stain dry properly and remove the excess moisture to prevent the stain from setting. If you dropped the turmeric on carpet in powder form, use a knife or spoon to lift away as much powder as possible. Don’t rub the stain, as it will cause the stain to spread on carpet area. It would be best to try to do this first before applying and ideas or using any solution or cleaning product on your carpet.
- Properly mix 1 tablespoon of dish detergent, 1 tbsp of baking soda, and 1 cup of water until perfectly dissolved.
- Moisten a clean rag into the baking soda mixture. Now properly squeeze the rag over the stain until the area is soaked all the way through.
- Scrub the stain properly with a soft toothbrush in a circular motion starting from the edges and working inwards. Try not to press hard on stain and gently scrub to avoid the stain from spreading. Blot and rewet every so often. You will see and notice the stain beginning to fade.
- Continue this method carefully until the stain is gone.
- If any stain remains on carpet, spray a commercial carpet spray like OxiClean or Resolve, and let soak from 5-30 minutes.
- Dab the stain properly with a soft cloth. Doing this perfectly should remove the remainder of the stain.
2. Methylated Spirits
Methylated spirits (mixture of ethyl and methyl alcohol) may be something you already have in your household. Actually, it is a mixture of ethyl and methyl alcohol and is also known as denatured alcohol. Methylated spirit has a variety of uses, including dark and hard stain removal. You should be really cautious if using this form of turmeric carpet stain removal as the methylated spirit is poisonous if ingested.
So, You should wear full gloves and eye protectant to perfectly protect your skin and your body. You should also properly test your carpet first before using this on your stain.
- Perfectly pick up as much turmeric powder as possible or blot with clean paper towels. So, blot with a clean white cloth to perfectly absorb the stain if it’s in liquid form.
- Apply methylated spirit properly to stain and let it sit for about 5 minutes. The stain will turn red. That is normal.
- Sponge the stain properly with either a cloth or paper towels.
- Repeat the process until the color no longer transfers onto the cloth or towel.
- Spray stain properly with cold water.
- Use a mild detergent solution, like dish detergent, on the stained area of carpet and let it soak perfectly for 5 minutes.
- Dab with a damp cloth to rinse perfectly.
3. Liquid Dish Detergent
Easily clean turmeric stains with liquid dish soap or detergent. It is really a useful tool for cleaning stains properly. We use soap and detergent to perfectly wash our dishes, and Dawn can help clean up water spills, so why not help clean or remove turmeric stains. Actually, this is just one useful and amazing option for using dish detergent to help treat a turmeric stain. You will see and notice that you can’t use dish detergent alone. You will mix it with another effective cleaning agent to perfectly help form a superior mixture. So, that mixture will hopefully and perfectly remove the stain from your carpet. Earlier, the instructions mixed dish soap with really useful agents like baking soda. Here, we will properly mix it with vinegar or ammonia.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, 2 cups of clean cool water, and 1 tablespoon of either white distilled vinegar or ammonia.
- Soak a cloth perfectly into the solution and blot the stain.
- Leave the solution properly on the stain for about 5 minutes.
- With a neat and clean, damp cloth, blot the carpet stain properly. Repeat until color no longer transfers onto the cleaning cloth.
- Dip another white clean cloth into the water, and blot at the stain to rinse away any residue.
- Soak up excess moisture perfectly with a clean, dry cloth.
- Allow carpet to perfectly air dry.
- If the dark stain is still there, properly mix a solution of all-fabric oxygen bleach and warm water using the label’s directions. Using the cloth and the solution, blot the area properly and soak for 30 minutes to an hour. Blot with a dry cloth perfectly and let air dry. Vacuum the carpet properly to lift fibers.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide and Liquid Dish Soap
Another best and effective mixture that can really help treat tough stains, like from curry, is mixing dish soap and hydrogen peroxide.
- Soak a towel perfectly in warm water and blot the carpet stain until most of the stain is gone from the surface area of carpet.
- Mix water with liquid detergent. Soak a sponge in the soap mixture perfectly and properly dab the stain’s surface until the mixture completely covers the stain. Let it sit there for near about 10 minutes.
- Using a new, neat and clean towel, blot the carpet surface properly to lift the turmeric from the stained carpet. Continuously change the towel to a different spot whenever the spot you’re working with is dirty. Repeat this step perfectly until enough of the turmeric or curry is gone.
- Using a soft brush, properly scrub the carpet area for several minutes. Depending on the stain’s intensity on carpet, you can use a clean towel instead of a brush to scrub.
- Mix clean water with hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. The ratio of the mixture should be 9:1, water: hydrogen peroxide. Spray this mixture properly onto the carpet stain and leave for 2 hours.
- Properly scrub the area clean using a clean cloth or soft brush or clean towel and liquid soap. The carpet finally stains free and should now be free of any stains.
- Dry the carpet perfectly with a fan to avoid dirt, growth, or mold. You may also want to finish cleaning your carpet easily using a steam cleaner or wet vacuum.
Glycerin is really helpful to remove turmeric stains from carpet. Actually, it is a non-toxic, colorless, odorless, and viscous liquid. Some uses for it include soap making, perfect moisturizer, and as a carpet cleaner. It can perfectly dissolve turmeric and remove the stain entirely from your carpet.
- Apply lukewarm water properly to the yellow stain and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Use a clean paper towel or cloth to blot the area.
- Premix water and glycerin in a spray bottle. The mixture should be an equal amount of clean water and glycerin. Shake the spray bottle well before using. Spray the area of stains and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Properly pour some lukewarm water on the surface of stains and leave for a minute. Use a clean rag or clean towel to blot the area. Repeat steps until the stain is mostly gone.
- You should now directly notice that the yellow turmeric stain is coming off the carpet. So, mix dish soap perfectly with water to wash the surface using a soft brush. Blot dry with a clean towel.
6. Household Items
There are many effective and different ways to remove turmeric or curry stains from your carpet. Some of these ways include using ingredients you can easily find inside your home. Having some of these effective ingredients actually readily available makes it really easier to quickly treat the turmeric stain instead of running out to get a stain remover. Some of these options are really effective and the best, and also eco-friendly.
- Talcum powder works well, perfectly and effectively with fresh wet stains, like curry.
- Flour can perfectly absorb the stain by limiting the strain from spreading and soaking up the excess liquid from carpet. Once the flour sets perfectly, you can easily and quickly rinse it off from your carpet area.
- Lemon juice or white vinegar is really effective and good for stains because it acts as a mild bleach. However, you will want to stir it with 1-2 tablespoons of warm water to properly dilute it first when using vinegar.
- How to remove turmeric stains from white carpet? Finally, after using any of these effective remedies to clean turmeric stains, you can take your carpet outside. Actually depending on the carpet’s size, and expose it to sunlight. Do this only if your carpet area is white. The sun will not only dry your carpet but will also perfectly bleach the stain off because sunlight is a natural best bleaching agent.
We’ve perfectly mentioned some effective ways on how to remove turmeric stains from carpet but if the stain turns out to be permanent, follow the amazing and innovative method mentioned above and give your carpet a new look.
Before settling for a particular idea or method on how to remove turmeric stains from carpet, make sure to perfectly inspect the fabric and choose a method that’s actually suitable for your carpet. Actually, carpets are made of different materials, from synthetic fiber to woolen fiber and fact is that they can’t be treated equally.
Hopefully, this valuable article has been of help to you, just in case this accident inevitably happens again, you know exactly what to do and what to don’t do. A few out there might be looking for amazing tips on how to remove turmeric stains from carpets, share this article and save them the stress. This could really help someone a lot more than you can imagine.
Have you accidentally stained your carpet or other surface areas with turmeric? Let me know how you managed to remove the stain from your carpet or from other surface areas.
Hi, My name is Hiren and I’m a founder of the HealtHowdy.com. Over the years I’ve helped hundreds of people to live a healthy and fit life. Nowadays, Fitness is everything and if you want to Look Attractive you can join me.