Metastatic breast cancer is one kind of breast cancer that has slowly spread beyond the breast and nearby lymph nodes. It will spread to other parts of the body as well like most often the bones, lungs, liver, or brain. In this article, we will discuss Metastatic breast cancer symptoms and their actual sign.
Although metastatic breast cancer has actually spread to another part of the body very easily, it’s still breast cancer and treated as breast cancer.
As we have discussed above the most common breast cancer metastasis sites are the bones, the lungs, the brain, and the liver. Here actual symptoms of metastatic breast cancer can be very different depending on the location of cancer on body.
List of Symptoms of Metastatic Breast Cancer
- constant back, bone, or joint pain regularly
- difficulty or painful with urinating (either incontinence or not being able to go); this can be a exact sign that the nerves in your back are being pinched by a cancer
- numbness or weakness anywhere in your body
- a constant dry cough
- difficulty breathing
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- loss of appetite
- abdominal bloating, pain, or tenderness
- constant nausea, vomiting, or weight loss
- jaundice means a yellow tinge to the skin and whites of your eyes
- severe headaches
- vision problems like you can see blurry vision, double vision and totally loss of vision.
- loss of balance
For your kind information metastatic breast cancer, also known as stage IV or advanced breast cancer. As we know it is breast cancer that has metastasized, or spread, to other organs in the body.
So, metastases from breast cancer may be found in lymph nodes in the armpit, or they can travel anywhere in the body very easily. Common sites of the body include distant organs like the lung, liver, bone and brain.
Even after an original tumor is removed perfectly, microscopic tumor cells may remain in the body as it is, which allows cancer to return and spread any time.
Please note that the symptoms of metastatic breast cancer may vary depending on your body or wherein the body part cancer has spread. For example, here given a list of signs of metastatic breast cancer.
- If the breast, nipple, or chest wall is affected, symptoms may include pain, nipple discharge, or a lump or thickening in the breast or underarm.
- If cancer has actually spread to bones, symptoms may include fractures or decreased alertness in your legs due to high calcium levels, pain.
- If cancer has actually spread to the lungs, symptoms may include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, coughing, chest pain or fatigue.
- If cancer has spread to the liver, symptoms may include fatigue, nausea, swelling of the feet and hands or yellowing skin.
- If cancer has actually spread to the central nervous system, which includes the brain or spinal cord, symptoms may include pain, memory loss, headache, blurred or double vision, difficulty with and/or movement or seizures.
Hi, My name is Harry and I’m a founder of HealtHowdy.com. Over the years I’ve helped hundreds of people to live a healthy and fit life. Nowadays, Fitness is everything, if you want to Look Attractive and Get Updated, you can Join Us.